Thursday, August 30, 2007

Early British History

Alright...I've set up the blog so that I get emailed when you post a comment--since I do check my email fairly regularly, I might be able to respond to your questions :) This week, we focused on the historical background and geography of Great Britain. You should be able to describe the various peoples and languages that have contributed to the English language. ANd you should be ready to begin reading Beowulf next week.


For those of you who missed class today, we took notes on the early history of England. Most of the information is in the book, pp 4-17.

HOMEWORK: Read pp 4-17, taking notes...we will have a quiz on Friday; also, review your vocabulary words (p. 20) for QUIZ

I was hoping someone would eventually post on the blog--big thanks to Smooth-e and Jazz for being the firsts...BTW, please leave your name when you post--I have no idea who's posting/commenting based on the email name :)

No comments: